About the role
Account Manager (AM) is a customer facing function that develops and fosters relationships with their business partners. AM understands, captures , describes and assesses business requirements. AM proactively identifies opportunities to improve business results by offering respective solutions and ensures their timely implementation.
• Manages the relationship with the assigned business/function and serve as the interface between the business and the IT organization on a global basis
• Develops Division/Region/function IT strategy and IT budget according to business strategy and alignment with IT governance and impacted CoEs
• Manages ongoing Business relationship management (incl. status and KPI reporting, escalations, budget topics)
• Acts as a communication channel to the business aligned with the defined communication concept/content
• Provides input to ensure IT Strategy is aligned with the business needs and in support of Business Strategy; Responsible for designing, implementing and driving the usage of high-performance, cost-effective as well as highly adaptive and value-oriented IT services
• (Specific for Corporate Functions) Manages all the demands and projects required for central functions that supports all legal and regulatory projects, i.e.: Human resources (payroll), Legal, Corporate Finance (there are projects like COPA. IFRS), Taxes (the latest project required by the tax authority).
• Manages business demands for all IT products and services within the IT portfolio (including infrastructure)
• Ensure that services provided by the CoEs are aligned with business demands while fostering synergies and re-use of existing/planned services
• Leads and oversees business initiated IT Projects/Change requests and monitors their delivery in quality, time and budget
• Maintains an up-to-date pipeline of demands/change-requests and projects
• Acts as first point of contact for divisional Business Partner organizations for them to address global demands
• Drives and coordinates global demands/projects in close collaboration with the regional Business Partner organizations
• Ensures the execution of projects under the rules and methodology of the PMO, retaining responsibility for delivery
• Implements and supports local projects for support functions and divisions.
• Implements and supports global projects (i.e.: NextGenAD, COIA, Smartstorage, etc)
• Manages internal and external software vendors and service providers, and associated contracts
• Regular collaboration with business leaders, corporate functions or Global IT Division partners about IT strategies, best practices, roadmaps and projects; discuss and collect IT demands from business and corporate function managers
• Trusted advocate of the business within the IT organization; provides planning, consultation and advisory services on IT projects, new services and adoption of solutions
• Increase business value using IT services and tools (identify and promote IT solutions that help the business to better achieve their targets)
What do I need to Qualify for the job?
• Profess. IT Bachelor’s Degree or related, with Master’s preferred (IT, Business Administration or related)
• At least 5 years of experience in working with business management
• General knowledge IT technologies (infrastructure, applications, information security, ERP)
• IT Value - measurement tools and techniques (cost/benefit of IT projects, customer satisfaction, service level agreements)
• Experience implementing off-the shelf third party solutions
• Understands software development methodologies
• Strong experience with financial management / accountability for budgeting for your groups, departments, and projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required (English and Spanish)
What are the desired qualifications?
• Would be helpful to understand Siemens' or Siemens Energy technology landscape and how best to integrate different technologies
• Areas of technical knowledge that would be helpful include: SAP, JAVA, MS .Net technologies, Oracle, MS SQL
• Would be helpful to have experience over seeing remote and external resources
• Would be helpful to have knowledge of Siemens Energy business processes, procedures and products.
Fluent Spanish and English