How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Machinist in our Painted Post, NY facility. In this position you will plan, layout and perform all machine operations on both conventional and non-conventional machines to construct, alter, and finish a variety of part families. You will set tools and make all adjustments required on tooling, both standard and preset, changing presetting when necessary. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire where you will be assigned to work on 2nd shift
What are your responsibilities?
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches, or drawings and check work.
- Produce and inspect parts with tolerances to .001”, and occasionally as close as .0005”.
- Maintain an orderly workspace along with mopping and cleaning of machine tools.
- Read blueprints in order to perform inspections.
- Operate air tools for fit-up, operate walk behind, tow motor, jib crane.
- Maintain all heat numbers of parts and or follow all quality requirements on the material being machined.
- Inspect parts to drawings and specifications for attributes such as dimensional accuracy, surface finish, alignment, clearance, workmanship and quality appearance.
- Setup and operate a wide variety of precision measuring instruments including, but not limited to micrometers, calipers, protractors, indicators, hardness testers, standard and special gauges.
- Fill out daily inspection logs, QAF forms and all other required documents pertaining to the job.
- Adhere to all safety protocols including the wearing of all appropriate PPE for each task assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED (Associates Degree in Machining Technology is preferred)
- Minimum of 2-3 year of direct machining experience
- Ability to lift 25lbs safely
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and convert all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Read and interpret blueprints
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Energy (SE) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.