Siemens Healthineers are recruiting for an experienced Industrial Engineer to join our team in Sudbury, Suffolk.
Our Industrial Engineers are key within our newly created team whose primary responsibility is to deliver continuous improvement initiatives across all levels/functions of the business.
Ideally the suitable candidate will be an accredited Lean Six Sigma Green / Black Belt practitioner, with some experience within a manufacturing engineering environment previously. Any experience of the medical device industry would definitely be of benefit, although not essential.
You will be the driving force behind fostering a culture of sustainable change through the creation, coaching and embedding of LEAN methodology, its tools, and the supporting framework to deliver business transformation.
This is a great opportunity for development. If you're great at coaching and motivating others we'd love to hear from you.
What are my responsibilities?
- To identify and deliver improvement activities across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- To work with key business stakeholders to build a Continuous Improvement environment to support an on-going programme of change
- To lead, facilitate and coach LEAN/process improvement based workshops or Kaizens to drive ideas and solutions
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identify better ways of working
- To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a Continuous Improvement monitoring system
- To assist in the development and implementation of 'best-in-class' Continuous Improvement strategy
- To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- To set up programs, deliver coaching and run projects across all functions
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects (lessons learned)
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Some work experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry preferred
- Accreditation in Lean Six Sigma Green/Black(preferred) belt as a minimum
- Experience in Manufacturing / Engineering is essential
- Significant experience of hands-on implementation of Continuous Improvement programs and LEAN solutions
- Ability to operate and communicate within a cross-functional team made up of both technical and non-technical members
- Manage time efficiently to meet reactive business demands
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead improvements/Kaizen sessions with a range of business stakeholders
- Strong understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Project management skills highly desirable
- Experience in designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure
- A 'completer-finisher' taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Quality awareness
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also deeply invested in our 48,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time