Regulation Technician, Building Automation
Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Program and conduct start-up operations for various systems (heating, ventilation, energy-saving system, etc.)
- Answer urgent service calls from customers, either locally or remotely, verify the problem areas indicated, analyze the requirements of the system involved, and check and test system components
- Document the work done, problems solved, etc., using a detailed service report.
- Work as a team to solve problems and identify new business opportunities
- Act as Siemens’ representative on construction sites while working in close collaboration with various on-site stakeholders, including contractors, subcontractors and clients
- Verify the quality of the installation and ensure the proper functioning of all building control system components
- Verify the wiring along with various components to ensure their proper functioning and solve problems where needed
- Conduct programming, create diagrams and manage databases
- Coordinate operations between contractors and subcontractors
- Listen to the client’s needs and those of various stakeholders
- Comply with the workplace health and safety code at all times
- Preferably, an attestation of college studies or a college degree in Building Mechanics, Industrial Electronics, Computerized Systems or equivalent combination of education and practical experience
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the field of building automation and/or in a related field
- Good knowledge of building technology systems and related standards
- Proven diagnostic skills, ability to determine and solve technical problems systematically
- Motivated and results oriented
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Very good knowledge of French (written and spoken);
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken);
- Valid driver’s license (mandatory)
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Able to work in remote regions occasionally
- Understanding of the Building Code as it relates to automation
- ASP Health and General Safety on construction sites course completed (or able to take the 30-hour course in order to obtain card)
- Good knowledge of computer networking technology, a strong asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.