Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
· Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Fall co-op work will be offered remotely, if offices have not reopened by the start date (August 24th)
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Technology & Innovation
Our Technology & Innovation office (T&I) is responsible for high-tech, innovative research and design. T&I provides shared platform, architecture, innovation and development services. Project assignments in this organization vary greatly depending on the business needs. At times, students may:
- Partner with senior design engineers to develop, modify, and implement software programs
- Research and develop innovative algorithms to confront business challenges
- Create documentation from independent research findings, including white papers
- Push the limits of our current software portfolios to expand our business into new areas
who co-op with this team are typically assigned to a cutting edge software
concept, and are responsible for researching how this concept could be
incorporated into the Siemens Software portfolio
- Research topics have included: Block Chain, Artificial Intelligence, GANS/Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, etc.
· Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· Upper classman is preferred (with prior co-op experience)
· Student must be proactive, capable of setting their own timelines, able to work independently, and disciplined
· Rapidly learn new development languages and coding techniques
· Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming is a must
· Understand the concept of class and inheritance
· Sharp and tenacious trouble shooting skills
· Unwaveringly passionate about solving technical challenges
· Creative, fast learner
· Independent thinker and self-motivated researcher
Adaptable to new tasks with little lead time
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.