Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Supervisor – Americas Distribution Center
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Distribution Supervisor at the Americas Distribution Center in Plainfield, Indiana, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the 2nd shift Shipping group to ensure a smooth workflow. This includes managing one team leader and approximately 30 warehouse operators and contract workers
- Decisions that impact business operations involving exports, dangerous goods and other areas
- Following all established procedures and/or protocols
- Identifying and procuring tools to make team successful
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems on the warehouse floor
- Ensuring a clean and safe work environment
- Continuous improvement
- Being a role model for Siemens Healthineers' 7 Principles
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Leading a group of employees to achieve a daily goal
- Coaching and developing employees, documenting performance and initiating appropriate disciplinary actions
- Regularly communicating goals, expectations, current status of business to team
- Ensuring employees are current in their training and that their documentation is in compliance with the quality management system
- Managing timekeeping for employees and contractors
- Leading continuous improvement activities in department
- Shipping Exports and/or dangerous goods
- Temperature-controlled products and regulatory requirements
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental distribution concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work group
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action
- Knowledge and application in SAP
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of change management and continuous improvement
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint competency
- Excellent time management
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or a HS diploma/GED and equivalent experience
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.