Job title: Application Expert Engineer
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· You will be responsible for SPOC for Power users concerning the related applications Perform 1st and 2nd level support
· You will be responsible for Check incoming service tickets, forward them to the related developer, if applicable, and find the best possible solution for the customer
· You will be responsible for Forward Change Requests to the application DMB (Demand Management Board)
· You will be responsible for Document and report outages, analyze outages and perform measures in order to avoid issues in the future Authorize users
· You will be responsible for Perform application specific configurations, Implement re-organizations in the application
· You will be responsible for Perform integration tests (also on the level of web services)
· You will be responsible for Perform compatibility testing (before new o/s, hardware, NW, security patches are required to be implemented in the application servers)
· You will be responsible for Develop Knowledge base and lessons learned documents
· You will be responsible for Support user acceptance tests, Maintain application-related documentation (SPOT, FACTS and ESOA Wiki)
· You will be responsible for Carry out performance analysis in case of issues in the related tools
· You will be responsible for Service Monitoring - Check log files and monitoring outputs
· You will be responsible for Identify measures to optimize the application service
· You will be responsible for Manage licenses & Manage functional users, maintain interfaces (only configuration updates, no implementation), Manage quality (ensure compliance processes)
· You will be responsible for Execute security measures (CERT, ACP, Info Sec)
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech
· You must have At-least 3-5 years of professional experience in L1 & L2 application support
· You must have International client handling experience with Analytic capabilities, ability to learn quickly and organizational skills
· You must have Experience on Abstraction capability and logical thinking, MS-Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
· You should know Basic knowledge in databases, reporting
· You should have Social competence: the ability to work in teams and excellent communication skills, Customer-focused behavior, proactive action and initiative.
· You should have Capability to collaborate with responsibility and respect
· You should have Current know-how in web-based applications and IT architecture/distributed systems
· You should be Willingness to travel to Germany for knowledge transfer
· Several years of experience in Service Management
· For trainings: empathy and coaching skills
· Basic knowledge in development approaches (e.g. agile methods like SCRUM)
· Knowledge in the following tools: JIRA, App Dynamics, SoapUI, Graylog, Confluence
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time