This role supports the GBS leadership team, management team, and its workers in North America in accomplishing a customer centric quality and team culture together with a best in class customer engagement model. The chosen candidate enjoys working with the global network of GBS Service Centers and sharing best practices with other GBS communication specialists. As a result of such collaboration the ideal candidate generates the appropriate mix of communications channels and content for customers and the GBS team to ensure that GBS US&CR accomplishes its multi-year roadmap.
The successful candidate is excited about finding the right mix of communications channels for answering questions, which arise from customers and the GBS team, as well as any other communications required from a company perspective. The chosen candidate displays a proven ability to create and facilitate communications, which strike a perfect balance between emotional intelligence and risk management. Familiarity and hands-on experience with new media content and platforms are home turf to the individual who commands this role.
This role will interface closely with other members of the Corporate Communications Team. The position reports to Christof Fahr, Head of GBS Center US&CR and is embedded into GBS’ global communications organization.
- Defines and aligns a diverse set of communication channels across the organization, such as Town Halls, CCTV, GBS wide initiatives, Social Media such as Linkedin & Yammer, Hotline, and announcements.
- Establish processes and media/vehicles, editorial calendar and supporting development and distribution of ongoing communications.
- Facilitate and coordinate Yammer, LinkedIn, Intranet, and other social media channels.
- Coordinate worker training platform and facilitate associated content management process
- Support Business Lines and Incident Management Teams to ensure highest quality communications during regular and critical customer interactions such as roll out of new services, challenging user experiences, BCM situations, or any other situations requiring consistent communications strategy and management.
- Support Regional Account and Customer Relationship Managers in creating, modifying, and maintaining customer communications.
- Create, manage & maintain GBS signage and branding content online and within buildings.
- Create, modify and maintain content on location SharePoint.
- Develop communications plans for key strategic initiatives, including the roll out of moderate to complex, new activities to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate executive presentations and planning / coordinating content for face-to-face meetings & events with GBS Leadership Teams
- Responsible for regional implementation of GBS Global communication strategy, communication measures, and project support.
- Track relevant metrics for content adoption and resonance. Identify areas to standardize and streamline; establishes processes, identifies vehicles/media to most effectively deliver consistent messaging and calls to action to various audiences.
- Participate in team meetings/calls to ensure alignment of overall communication strategy and messaging.
- Takes the lead and/or supports planning and implementing communication projects. (EHS, Compliance, Training, Finance, Security, Legal, etc.)
- Works independently to complete assignments/projects, based on strategic direction from Management. Takes initiative to suggest alternate approaches when appropriate.
- Provides general guidance and/or trains other team members on communication tools and practices
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA in Communications, Business
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Yammer, Linkedin, Teams, Circuit, SharePoint, together with Web-Site content management and maintenance, or other emerging technologies such as chatbots.
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels in Siemens and across a diverse cultural context.
- Key capabilities: cross-organizational collaboration, project management, problem solving, translating complex business information to language appropriate for internal audiences
- Ability to facilitate complex external and internal networks associated with communication and change management
- 5 or more years of successful experience in corporate communication
- Project coordination/ management skills
- Strong communications skills, including writing and presentation skills
- Detail orientation
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work effectively within a complex, multi-layered organization
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.