Siemens Healthcare is looking for an administrator in a large data analytics environment.
This positon is responsible for the administration of a database landscape (Oracle, MS SQL, Swnowflake) in the Azure Cloud. The position is responsible to coordinate the system administration (Linus, Windows Azure, Oracle) with partners.
We are aware that a new employee may not bring all skills needed, especially application knowledge.
Of utmost importance is the will to learn, an investigative mind, and the ability to transfer theoretical knowledge into practical use.
Your core responsibilities will be:
• Administration, monitoring, maintenance of an MS AZURE based infrastructure containing:
- - SAS application VMs based on LINUX
- - MS Windows VMs / Linux VMs (Red Hat)
- - AZURE SQL / MSSQL
- - AZURE functions
- - Oracle Database Servers and Oracle instances
• Install, Administer, support and maintain MS SQL and Oracle database environment
• Support and maintain logical interfaces between AZURE and the Siemens intranet
• Research and implement, where possible innovative automated approaches for system administration & monitoring tasks.
• Automation of administration & monitoring tasks using Scripting (Bash, PowerShell, etc).
University education (Bachelor's degree)
Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience
Personal requirements and skills
• Professional experience (at least 3 years) in operating a productive large scale Oracle Database Envorinment:
- · Storage Management with Oracle Grid infrastructure/ASM
- · Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- · Database backup and revovery with RMAN
- · Installing and patching Oracle Products
- · Colaborate with Oracle support
- · Oracle database administration
- · Solid knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- · Performance Tuning
• Professional experience in server administration in Linux and Windows.
• Experience with Active Directory and user/group administration.
• Research and Analytical skills. Motivated and a self-starter.
• Passionate commitment to quality, success, teamwork, and customer service.
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Windows, Office suites, and others will be very beneficial.
• The ability to prioritize and organize tasks, inventory, and multi-task will be needed.
Nice to have
Knowledge of German language is welcome
• Adjustable standing desk as a standard
• MSDN license for each developer with prepaid access to AZURE
• Free access to PLURALSIGHT – the WBT platform
• Team building program - 2 days adventure offsite meeting for all employees every year, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
• Participation on world famous IT conferences like Microsoft IGNITE for best employees
• Wide project portfolio in healthcare domain and job rotation within company (Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare IT services, …)
• Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
• Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
• Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
• Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time