From digitalization to electrification and automation, Siemens is changing the world you live in and the places you work. Being part of our company lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Our people help to move the world forward. We are 351,000 innovators creating a new vision for the next generation! Come Create with us!
Our Digital Industries Business is looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager in California!
The Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit is looking for someone to lead and purposefully expand our footprint within strategic key accounts in the Electronics Industry. In this role you will be responsible to analyze their business targets & strategy, issues, needs, processes, value chain and key business drivers and craft and execute account business plans accordingly. You will establish, develop and maintain successful and mutually helpful relationships to the appropriate account’s management and decision makers. To cover the global footprint of the target accounts, you will be working closely with the worldwide Siemens setup and your counterparts in Asia and Europe. You will represent the Siemens Digital Enterprise portfolio with focus on factory automation. To help the accounts reaching their goals in global manufacturing, new technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence in manufacturing and virtual commissioning will be leveraged. Helping to lead your accounts to the next decade of success with our rapidly growing Digital Enterprise portfolio is the key driver.
Consumer electronics companies are facing many challenges in a competitive environment. Their global setups, fast moving product life cycles and cost driven markets makes them to look for new ways of reaching their target. The Siemens Digital Enterprise solutions have been used by many companies to booster their success. We want to help our customers in the electronics industry to reach new heights and to hit new milestones in modern manufacturing.
- Develop and maximize the strategic account penetration
- Coordinate global business of the accounts with Siemens
- Prepare and present commercial proposals and global support
- Expand long term partnership with accounts
- Prepare account business plan for assigned accounts and follow up with sales
- Collect business opportunities and build business visibility with assigned accounts
- Understand customer challenges and develop solutions and ideas based on Siemens Digital Enterprise portfolio
- Actively drive digitalization and digital enterprise at the accounts
- Represent Siemens on industry dedicated events and fairs
- Increase overall presence and reputation at the assigned accounts
Required knowledge/skills, Education, and Experience
The Business Development Manager is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has extensive knowledge in developing accounts Building and growing customer relationship is a strength.
- More than 4 years Business Development / Key Account Management / Sales and related management experience with track record of successful performance, preferably in the relevant industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading sophisticated projects/customers successfully.
- Able to work effectively with individuals from multiple cultures and backgrounds.
- Validated expertise in developing account business plans and strategic customer approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (BS in Engineering preferred)
- Executive Level Presence / Communication & Strong Presentation Skills
- Sophisticated technical understanding of the Siemens Digital Enterprise portfolio, including, Automation (TIA Portal), Motion Control and Drives, IoT, Artificial intelligence, Edge technology, Simulation and virtual commissioning and Mindsphere
- Travel: 10%
What you will receive:
Ownership Culture and Career options!
401K Retirement Savings Plan
Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
Extra Employee Discounts
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.