The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
Siemens Mobility provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Develop solutions that are highly-performant, fault-tolerant and scalable to millions/billions without impacting the foundation
- Design and develop our product using modern web application technologies
- Develop scalable data pipelines based on business initiatives on digitalization – from edge to cloud!
- Work closely with data experts, domain specialists, designers and front-end team to develop innovative, practical and robust data driven solutions and services in rail analytics
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and influence future product roadmap and strategy based on insights
- Drive nextgen fullstack architectures to provide interfaces for applications to seamlessly ingest and consume voluminous data
- Solve production issues (both functional and non-functional) with limited availability of logs and diagnostic info
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Grass-root experience of at least 4 years in solving complex problems and developing end-end application stack
- Proven deep technical expertise in designing and programming large scale data driven solutions using any of the high-level programming languages viz. Java/Python/C++/Scala
- Proven interest on closely following latest developments in web-scale applications and being an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a must:
- Define and implement REST/SOAP web services
- Application development using Hadoop/Spark/Big Data technologies
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop/Spark
- Experience with development frameworks (e.g. Spring) and backend technologies (e.g. Node.js)
- Mastery on containerization (Dockers/OpenShift)
- Microservices architecture and orchestration (e.g. Istio, Kubernetes)
- Proficient in frontend technologies such as React, Angular, ECMAScript6, SASS, Bootstrap, JSON, HTML5
- Choose and apply proven architectural patterns for concurrency and distribution
- Strong debugging skills to fix challenging issues related to performance and scalability
- Ability to challenge status-quo
- Experience in the following will be an added advantage:
- Hands-on experience using disruptive data querying technologies like Druid, Presto
- Setup of CD/CI pipeline. Experience in Jenkins, Nexus, GIT, SCRUM is a plus
- Knowledge in Visual Studio, Linq, AutoMapper, SignalR, XUnit is a plus
- Experience integrating solution with Qlik Sense or Apache Hive is preferred
- Proficient in designing and implementing solution that conform to SonarQube, OWASP Top 10 and SANS 25 rules
- Exposure to Data Mining and Machine Learning use cases such as Classification, Clustering and Forecasting
- Acceleration techniques for machine learning applications
- Good communication skills and ability to work with team members within organisation and partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with a strong work ethic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time