The Field Service Technician will be responsible for performing troubleshooting and warranty repairs for products supplied by the Siemens SI DS business unit. These products include low voltage motor control centers, medium voltage switchgear, charging systems and others. Close communication with both Siemens associates and our Customer is a must.
You will travel to execute the work detailed in the customer case and associated field service events, and must be able to work with customers in a professional manner, even in situations where there may be significant pressure to resolve the issues at hand.
Position reports to the field service manager within the SI DS Quality Management & Global Customer Care team
Up to 100% travel (may require some International travel as well)
Overall responsibility is to travel to customer site or Siemens location to successfully execute the planned scope of work within a timely manner. The scope will include activities that can be both mechanical and electrical in nature.
Technical Resources are available to assist with needed implementation as desired.
The Field Service Technician must provide a detailed, professional written field service report within 48 hours of each event.
We utilize an online tool for accurate time keeping, communication for each customer case as well as loading of reports and other pertinent information. This tool is called Salesforce and training will be given to ensure your ability to navigate and use properly.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate Degree with emphasis on Electrical and/or Mechanical principles
- 2 or more years of experience with performing Mechanical and Electrical adjustments to power distribution Equipment (low voltage and medium voltage preferred)
- Able to communicate in a professional manner both verbally and in writing to customers and Siemens personnel.
- Basic computing skills (MS office, email, web-based program usage, etc.)
- Experience reading and understanding wiring schematics
- A dedicated Team Player and Self Motivated
- Able to respond to Emergency Service Requests as needed
- Knowledge of Industry Safety Practices is expected (OSHA 30, LOTO, NFPA 70E, and others)
* This is a field / travel position - as such, you can live anywhere as long as you are close to a major airport. You do not have to live in the city listed.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.