Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens is seeking a Senior Fire Alarm Inspector to join our Las Vegas team. This role is crucial to the success of our operations team, providing support in a variety of ways to ensure that our customers’ systems provide a safe environment in their buildings.
- Coordinates, manages implements and performs inspections for new equipment installation, post-installed and/or third-party equipment.
- Implements a solution on inspection repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems as well as Security/Access control systems that may or may not be integrated into the Life Safety Systems.
- Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results.
- Serves on-call at least once a month to respond within a two-hour window to the service need requested by the fire (and possibly security) team.
- Performs semi-complex equipment installation; installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and panels, (fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools) as needed per inspection findings.
- Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source, terminates wiring, mounts parts, and tests connections.
- Participates in the verification of point database and ensures that programming operations are consistent with scope of inspection for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data (if required) to data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support when needed; resolves issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
- Provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate inspection services as needed; participates in the coordination of schedules for proprietary service internally to the coordinators and customer.
- Assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings if needed.
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Minimum 2 years experience troubleshooting, repairing, and / or networking large electronic systems. 2 years experience servicing, installing, or inspecting fire systems / fire life safety systems preferred.
- Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- Must have working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs. Working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- F card or ability to obtain within 90 of start to retain position.
- Joint commission fluency & a NICET II certification in fire alarm systems preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Electrical wiring, fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.