Are you a specialist in accounting and have a passion for seeing projects through to completion? Join Us! Siemens Financial Services in the Americas is following a digitalization excellence approach for the entire organization. The new Cassiopae leasing/loan subledger went live as a minimum viable product and is now on its path to become a state-of-the-art system, which provides the enhanced user experience and the operational efficiencies and which are expected in the digital age.
Your major goal will be to help the Accounting team resolve any concept issues, manual workarounds and functional challenges. Your developed solution would be a global blueprint and needs therefore to be closely aligned with the Global Accounting workstream. The teams you will partner with, in addition to the US Accounting group, will be the SFS US Cassiopae Project Management team, which is part of our Business Excellence group, our SFS Cassiopae IT Project Management team and the Accounting Global Cassiopae Project Management team.
In this role, you will be part of the US Steering Committee to present updates and decision proposals.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Work with overall project management and project management of individual work streams on the resolution of the identified gaps
- Bringing transparency into workarounds/defects in Accounting
- Indicating prioritization of defects/workarounds and using important metrics to track resolution progress
- Coordinating the resolution of defects / workarounds
- Aligning the conceptional remediation work with the Global Accounting workstream
- Being the counterpart to IT Business Analysts and the Accounting/IT contacts of the external vendor Sopra Banking.
- Prepare US SteerCo documents and present to senior management within the SteerCo.
- Moderate daily Triage Meetings which serve to inform the Accounting team of new issues, fixed items and prioritization and delegation of current defects
We don’t need super heroes, just super minds!
- B. S. Accounting or related discipline
- 8+ years of overall experience with exposure to Accounting and Project Management topics. Financial Services experience is a plus
- Masters, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience with Accounting IT systems and their implementations is required, experience with the Cassiopae system would be a big plus (but is not required)
- Experience with financial instruments, in particular, loans, bonds and leases.
- Familiarity with IFRS or US GAAP or Siemens Financial reporting guidelines
- Data visualization and management reporting skills
- Experience in or knowledge of general ledger and sub-ledger systems with a strong preference towards SAP
- Being a proven change agent in driving projects, being comfortable with a fast pace environment and change.
- Having a big picture mindset to understand and explain major developments either ad-hoc or in a well thought out presentation to management.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the team and cross-functionally
- Strong analytical skills required
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.