Siemens Energy have a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Purchasing (MEP) Lead to join Siemens Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) business in Warwick!
Your new role will be to support our procurement transformation programmes, specifically our integration initiatives and product sourcing activity for our AGT product range- primary focus on Power Turbines.
You will bring together cross-functional teams to develop and implement technical improvements to these products and be a key member of the team to source and develop new suppliers. This opportunity will need you to lead projects, build solutions and implement across different teams and locations, to ultimately drive and improve business excellence.
Change the future with us.
- Ensure product integrity for component or system is delivered through alignment of Method of Manufacture with Design Intent by collaborating with appropriate Design Engineering organisation
- Ensure Method of Manufacture for new and/or re-introduced components are developed which meet the customers’ requirements for quality, cost, delivery & responsiveness and ensure the level of performance is sustainable
- Lead “Build in Quality” for the introduction of new product validation
- Lead technical discussions in the evaluation and resolution of gaps between process capability and design intent (produce-ability)
- Identify opportunities and deliver cost reduction projects
- Conduct Manufacturing Capability Assessments for new and existing supply chains
- Train suppliers in the application of relevant specifications and business requirements
- Perform technical validation activities during the purchasing process to ensure products are in line with drawing and specification requirements
- Provide technical support to the purchasing team, so they can make informed sourcing decisions. Work alongside buyers during sourcing activities as part of the integrated product team
- Manage new product introduction within the Energy Supply Chain
- Lead multiple projects, communicate updates, and meet milestones
- Foster learning, best practice transfer and exchange on lessons learned
What you need to make real what matters.
- Previous experience in working within a manufacturing / engineering business
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and procedures
- Experience in using Root Cause and Preventive Action methods
- Great project management skills
- Experience working with a global supplier base
- Strong influencing skills
- Preferably experience in the power generation, O&G, or aerospace industry
- Willing to travel internationally up to 15%
Make Real What Matters
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. For these and many other future projects, we need experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons and true specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time