The DS Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for regional development of the Medium Voltage product portfolio, as a liaison to and supporting the sales force in the North region of the United States for the Industrial and Construction markets. The product portfolio includes but is not limited to MV switchgear (AIS & GIS), MV and LV Motor Control, Power Equipment Centers, Cast Resin Distribution transformers and other ancillary MV and LV products that are routinely part of complete electrical packaged substation solutions.
This Business Development position has the responsibility to both “support and drive” profitable sales growth of the MV portfolio. This includes, but not limited to, the ability to: proactively plan, create demand, influence specifications, target & penetrate accounts, drive promotional activities, work and sell collaboratively, create budget proposals, manage an opportunity pipeline, conduct training, perform customer presentations, as well as handle numerous other business development and sales related activities. (A heavy emphasis on specification and account influence to drive towards a preferential position.) The BDM will act as a business unit liaison and support the Total Integrated Power Sales Account Managers and Channel agents who directly call on and manage End Users, Electrical Contractors along with engineering procurement and construction (EPC) firms. In addition, the BDM helps guide the Business units by providing marketing advice and leadership to ensure overall market effectiveness.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A thorough understanding of and experience in working with all types of MV power electrical distribution systems is critical, including electrical system architecture, protective relaying, control schemes, and equipment designs and applications.
- 10+ years of business development / sales experience or intense product knowledge of MV Switchgear
- Ability to be able to effectively demonstrate and conduct hands on demonstrations of the equipment
- Ability to effectively conduct product training to Sales
- Experience working with clients at executive, engineering, and operations level
- Experience with both End User as well as EPC firms
- Ability to make excellent presentations to customers and EPCs is a must
- High self-motivation, a self-starter, and can effectively work in an organizational matrix environment
- A “Hunters” drive and motivation to win orders (this is not an account maintenance role)
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Bachelor’s Degree, with Electrical Engineering Background a plus
- Willingness to travel from 50-75% of the time including some international travel
Can be located in any North Region location
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.