Looking for New opportunities in Flender Business Unit of Siemens? We have got you covered. We are looking for individuals like you who will help us change the face of Flender for our Portfolio Companies!Who are we?
As a global market leader Flender stands for comprehensive knowledge in mechanical drive technology, as well as the utmost quality in all products and services. Highly qualified and dedicated employees have always been the key to our innovative strength and productive capacity. Our ability to competently advise our customers with a view to their individual requirements rests on our extensive application know-how and our decades-long experience in many sectors of industry and raw materials extraction.
Flender has manufacturing locations in Bocholt, Voerde, Mussum, Penig, Graffenstaden (France), Elgin (USA), Chennai and Kharagpur (India) and in Tianjin (China) and employs close to 6.000 people worldwide.Educational Qualification:
Bachelor's degree and Master's Degree (preferably, not mandatory) in Mechanical EngineeringYears of Relevant Experience Required:
8+ years of experience in R&D/ Engineering, Production or production engineeringWho are we looking for?
We are looking for a technology specialist in the area of casted and welded parts to join our global Cost & Value Engineering (CVE) team based in Chennai.
You will be responsible for the cost and value analysis and optimization of these parts and related manufacturing technologies / processes through application of all CVE levers.What is the candidate expected to do in Siemens?
- Evaluate and determine best cost and value position for purchased parts in assigned technology field through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers and methods.
- Ensure transparency in production processes, related costs and improvement potentials through application of appropriate tools for Cost Analysis and Optimization (CAO), Supply Chain Productivity Improvement (SPI) and Design to Value (DtC) along the CVE processes.
- Compile feasible costs per component as basis for bottom-up target indication and cost split as part of system target costing process.
- Calculate cost baselining and regular cost updates for components according to maturity of design. Evaluate cost impact of alternative technical options (materials, manufacture methods) during the product development process. Advise engineering concerning the most cost effective solution based on standardized and/or innovative design processes and production methods.
- Propose DtC measures to R&D and Systems CVEs along with quantified financial impact expectation.
- Identify, quantify and drive supply chain productivity improvement measures, contribute transparency to negotiations.
- Propose technology-based and lean optimization measures in the supply chain.
- Support procurement in negotiation with suppliers.
- Support material field strategy definition together with Commodity Management.
- Advanced customer value and costing knowledge, cost structure analysis, cost modeling and process analysis.
- Experience in CVE is preferred, in particular in cost structure analysis.
- Strong communication skills (English) and team work skills.
- Advanced assertiveness, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Basic project management skills, commercial knowledge
- Experiences in different cultural environments, collaboration in cross- functional project teams.
We would be happy to welcome you to our Siemens Family, please feel free to apply on the website. If shortlisted, we will be calling you for next steps soon.
You will be performing this from Chennai location, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time