Head of Global Engineering Center (GEC) – Digital Industries (DI)
How do you shape the future through your incredible GEC Solution Business experience?
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow –the talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Corporate. We’re searching for a seasoned Head of Global Engineering Center (GEC) for the Operating company - Digital Industries (DI).
The key responsibility would be to act as a trusted partner and a member of the senior leadership team. The Head of GEC role brings deep insights and an independent viewpoint to business issues. The position would be responsible for implementing engineering policies and guidelines, leading and coordinating all Engineering activities in the engineering unit assigned.
Do apply, if you want to join us in this journey and lead the Global Engineering Center (GEC) for Siemens DI, India.
Know more about these businesses
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close agreement with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries. We support our customers in unlocking the full potential of digitalization for their company. More flexible production, greater efficiency all possible today thanks to digital solutions. Cutting-edge technologies will build new opportunities for both discrete and process industries to fulfill their customers’ individual requirements.
GEC is leading a strong growing team in the Global Engineering Center for excellent hardware and software automation engineering in the Digital Industries Process Automation (DI PA) solution business. This also includes the digitalization business with Opcenter Execution Pharma and Process, Simulation with SIMIT, Migration and Analyzers. The GEC is focused on the vertical’s pharmaceuticals, chemicals, water & wastewater, food & beverage and glass.
The GEC India is one of four GECs which is coordinated and lead by the Headquarter based in Germany. The GEC is supporting solution business units in the regional countries worldwide, mainly in Europe, US and NME. The GEC is embedded in the Process Automation Business Unit.
The Head of GEC develops the GEC team to fulfill the market requirements in order to deliver state of the art, high quality solutions. Therefore, a close collaboration with the regional countries and regions is required.
Change the future with us
- You will learn and display the understanding of Siemens PCS 7 automation system to become a valuable partner for discussions and negotiations. Process knowledge preferred in pharmaceutical, secondary in chemical, water & wastewater, food and beverage and/or glass industries. Knowledge of batch and continuous processes. Willingness and direct addressing of foreign contacts in the Siemens world.
- You will be responsible to lead a team of more than 70 -80 employees and actively the business of the GEC with passion. Therefore, you need take a strong ownership to lead and develop this satellite center. Should have broad knowledge of the Siemens product portfolio and services offered. Proved experience in business development and/or sales.
- You will responsible to handle the GEC to work on the highest utilization by active forecast planning with HQ and regional business partners. Transparent status reporting to HQ and local BU. Increase of the engineering efficiency of the team by using the latest features of the engineering tools (COMOS), and simplification and description of processes
- You will be involved in international project teams. Taking strong ownership and solution oriented. Easy adaption of European, US and/or Middle east working styles. Social integration in the Host Countries.
- You will be bringing in professional negotiation skills you work out the best solution dealing with our business partners, HQ, local BU management and team. Knowing and considering national specifics in business execution, management and culture you develop and offer tailored solutions fitting best in the supported regions markets (e.g. cost driven/quality driven).
- You will be ensuring the highest standards in engineering by improving the knowledge of the GEC staff setting up workshops, and web-based training for technical product and system knowledge, process knowledge, soft skills improvement and project management.
Specifically, to Siemens Limited you will be:
- Supporting the solution business of Siemens Ltd. worldwide by executing work packages up to complete engineering projects preferred in the GEC office in India. Delegation of resources to support international projects and HQ topics. Supporting local projects for Opcenter Execution Pharma and Process.
- Effective partnering by offering the best matching and qualified resources and solutions for driving and developing the solution business follow trends in the solution business and staff resources accordingly.
- Implement guidelines and define functional specific policies, processes or methods to fulfill the superior Engineering strategy. Also manage organization unit assigned, leads, motivates and develops dedicated employees.
- With a winning personality excellent in communication on national and international level and a founded project experience and technical background you should be an enjoyable and proficient business partner.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- of significant experience in Siemens solution business process automation systems Distributed Control Systems (DCS) software engineering, and commissioning, an excellent standout colleague and leader. References in project business preferred with project management and site experience.
- You are a graduate/postgraduate in instrumentation or electronics engineering or computers from a reputed institute.
- An effective communicator with strong negotiation skills using multiple channels to engage conversation and positive change.
- You have a digital attitude, have phenomenal communication skills, grounded, honest, hardworking and have a vibrant personality & friendly attitude, Positive, inspiring and motivating person with passion and drive
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Kharghar (Navi Mumbai). You’ll get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time