SI RSS SALES BID MANAGER – QATAR
Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio; hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our Smart Infrastructure Regional Solution and Services division as the Sales Bid Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
The Sales Bid Manager will have responsibility for the entire bid process related to RSS Business unit projects (Green Field, Brown field, Tenders). He/ She will manage bids for traditional, framework or alliance style contracts, managing all aspects for the business including reviewing technical scope of work & terms and conditions, developing bid strategies, bid programs, tendering and preparing written documentation & presentations.
• Preparation of Bid/No Bid documentation and obtaining authorization to bid.
• Actively Supporting the Sales Managers in the formulation of a bid winning strategy with consideration to overall business targets / strategy, to ensure Bid success (commercial, time, quality) and conversion to Customer Orders
• Attend customer clarification meetings / presentations and undertake site visits where necessary to ensure the scope is fully clarified and understood.
• Reviewing project requirement specifications, technical work-scopes and proposed contract terms and conditions
• Establishing high performing culture in local and outsourced bidding support resources, consisting of the required expertise to accurately and successfully support the bid
• Responsibility for the planning, management and control of all bid activities and for ensuring the creation and maintenance of the bid records, constantly driving, updating, tracking and sharing a weekly plan of bid priorities and required pre qualification/tech documentation
• Deliver all aspects of the tender/offer process, including information, presentation, accuracy and submittal of formal bid and pre qualification responses to maximize success
• Adhere to Siemens bid management related milestones and quality gates
• Responsible for obtaining and using information that would enhance Siemens competitive position
• Identifying, evaluating and advising the management team of any commercial, financial or technical risk for bids or bid opportunities
• Undertake client presentations, trials and testing at either pre or post qualification stages whenever needed
• Submission of bid to Customer within specified timescales
• Engaging Project Procurement at earliest stage and identifying preferred suppliers and subcontractors
• Responsible for managing the build-up of pricing models and preparing target costs including internal approvals for the bid
• Undertake (lead and/ or assist in) all relevant aspects of negotiations leading to the successful award of packages of work
• Ensure compliance with pre-commencement procedures, with respect to execution and completion, to ensure that liabilities and risks are minimized
• Responsible for the detailed and smooth bid handover, including pricing, program, procurement strategies to the project/execution team
• Continuous improvement of bidding practices and procedures in line with Siemens values.
• Directly Manage PRR (Project Risk Review) interfacing Zone/Regional Management for getting necessary techno and commercial approvals as per L.o.A. requirements
• Provides information and further leads via CRM for forecasts and planning.
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
• Strong technical skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication, presentation skills; problem identification, categorization and solving; people skills; customer management and negotiation skills
• Extensive bid management experience at a similar level within large multi-disciplinary or turnkeys in ELV, with track record of successful major bids in BMS, Fire and Security systems
• Previous commercial and technical experience associated with ELV systems
• Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering.
• Good presentation, communication, time management and organisational skills
• The role holder will have the ability to influence with excellent management skills
• Proficient in all Microsoft packages
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Siemens Projects business objectives and Strategic Goals and ensure they form the basis of business activities.
• Commercial know-how and calculation tools
• Be a self-starter, capable of adapting to new and emerging technologies and products
• Proven communication, public speaking and presentation skills
• Good team-worker, able to collaborate within a diverse team.
• Knowledge of Siemens ELV portfolio is preferable
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time