Sr. Application Engineer- Fremont, CA
Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We
need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s
reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As an Applications Engineer at SIEMENS EDA, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Mentor's product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for PCB Layout technical wins with the industry leading Xpedition Design Flow.
You will be working side-by-side with customers right in the Bay Area who are designing innovative, cutting edge products using state-of-art emerging technologies! If PCB design is your strength, then we want you for our Team. If you are a PCB Designer interested in exploring a career supporting others that design, we encourage you to submit your resume.
Activities will include delivering technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, as well as participating in development of account sales strategies leading to market share gains for SIEMENS EDA.
Your primary territory coverage will consist of Key Accounts located in the Silicon Valley but can also include the Western United States (Northern California, Washington, Utah with additional opportunities in Arizona and Southern California).
What’s in it for you: At Mentor, we believe and invest in your ideas and your growth potential! You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best & brightest in your field. We offer not only a competitive salary, but also a commission plan and a cash-bonus plan in this role. We also offer a “Flexible PTO” program, matching 401k, and we have tuition reimbursement for job-related courses that would help keep your edge or enhance your career and prepare you for other positions at Mentor. Mentor promotes from within! We also provide opportunities for you to develop technology leadership presence at conferences and industry professional publications (Publication & Authorship Bonus Program).
• PCB design competency is required.
• Must be open to relocating to the Bay Area and working from our Fremont, CA office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computing Engineering is required.
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Printed Circuit Board Design, drafting and design technology, engineering technology or similar field. This experience must be full-time work experience (Not experience that was gained doing school/university projects).
• **Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Moderate domestic travel is required when Covid is under control
• IPC certification (C.I.D or C.I.D.+) is a plus.
• Prior experience in delivering design services is a plus (i.e. PCB design service bureau).
• Experience with PCB library management is a plus.
• Familiarity with Mentor’s Xpedition Design Flow is a plus.
• Scripting/Programming: VBScript, VB.net, TCL, C#, or similar languages is a plus.
• Prior experience with Zuken CR-5000/8000 or Cadence OrCAD/Allegro is a plus.
• Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is a plus.
• Knowledge of systems engineering concepts such as the “System-V”, systems architecture and design, and key system lifecycle stages (e.g., requirements, design, integration & test, production, operations & maintenance, disposal) is a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate needs to:
• Possess a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology.
• Have a desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world.
• Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team.
• Effectively influence people at any organizational level.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining an internal network of contacts.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.