Siemens Mobility provides integrated Mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics for efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
With digitalization we enable Mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent. Our business segment Intermodal Solutions (IMS) creates and develops innovative high-quality software for trip and train planning, mobile ticketing and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions. Our apps have been downloaded more than 200 million times overall.
We share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience with our combined power for the future of Mobility.
Siemens is setting up a new Software Development Center in Aveiro targeting Intelligent Solutions for the future of Mobility. We want YOU to join our team in the capacity of:
Senior Java Backend Developer (Ticketing) (m/f/d)
- You will manage development projects for our new, innovative product generation based on Java throughout the entire software lifecycle: Requirements analysis, system and architecture design, development and integration into customer environment;
- You apply innovative thinking for continuous improvement of our broad Mobile Ticketing product range and our processes;
- You conduct code reviews and analysis;
- You contribute to the further development and optimization of our build and deployment tools with a focus on the highest possible level of automation;
- You will closely work with our cross functional, agile Scrum teams from eos.uptrade, market leader in Mobile Ticketing solutions. Occasional business travel to Germany and/or other locations may be required.
- Long-term experience in web or backend development;
- Team player with passion for quality and the ability to transform complex and manifold requirements into efficient, sustainable and modular software components;
- In depth experience in Java, OOP, Java frameworks (preferably Spring Boot, Java EE), SQL and GIT;
- Routine in applying continues integration and agile methods;
- Basic knowledge of containerization and cloud-based hosting;
- Advantageous is experience with microservices, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL and/or Elasticsearch.
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must;
- German language is a plus.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time