Our mission at Siemens Mobility
We develop modern rolling stock in collaboration with our colleagues from abroad. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing sub-systems and cross-sectional characteristics. We create innovative products in the urban- and rail-transport area. We can manage global projects on our own and to implement an entire vehicle project, from the definition of requirements through the development of SW/HW and mechanics to cross-sectional topics.
What is our impact?
In the Train Control group, we give life to our vehicles by planning control functions in SW and HW. We thoroughly develop individual vehicle functions, to the satisfaction of our customers. We strive for our rolling stock to achieve a high degree of safety and reliability. We are interested in every aspect of operation so that the vehicles work excellently as a whole. We look for solutions for achieving the lowest energy demands by combining various approaches to energy management on board of the train.
What does your future team look like?
We work in smaller “project” groups; most of us are rolling stock enthusiasts. We like to finish assigned tasks completely. We do not say no to quality coffee or well-chilled beverages. From time to time, we go to see our colleagues in Austria and Germany. We are not just colleagues; we are a group of friends who like to meet even after working hours. And even though every day is not a regular treat, we love getting up for work!
If you want to focus on creating electrical designs for rolling stock systems, such as new units for the London Underground, regional trains with hybrid and conventional drive, or high-speed trains for Germany, Turkey or Russia, you are exactly the person we are looking for.
- We create sub-system concepts and design function and circuit diagrams, all preceded by close collaboration with our SW developers.
- We focus on electrical designs and the integration of electrical equipment over the entire vehicle.
- We prepare customer and production documentation.
- We communicate closely with international teams, mainly in Austria and Germany.
- Secondary/tertiary education in electrical engineering
- Practical design experience
- Experience creating electrical diagrams (ELCAD, Comos, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Regulation 50/1978 Coll., sec. 6 (can be renewed after hiring)
- English or German for everyday communication
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague/Ostrava
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- contributions towards pension and life insurance
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time