Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under the direction of your supervisor, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing of HVAC control systems (including detailed troubleshooting). You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, onsite customer interaction. You will also be responsible for completing required project and service documentation.
This Senior Level Tridium Niagara 4 Certified position is for an experienced controls technician familiar with computer networking and HVAC programming with experience and skills in Tridium N4 programming, commissioning, equipment startup, BACNet, and system integration. You will also learn and develop with Siemens product and knowledge.
- Senior level position which coordinates manages implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
- Performs complex Tridium N4 System preparation and design coordination:
- Works with engineering group to create and/or verify Tridium N4 database;
- Creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various integrated systems (controls, lighting, elevator, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, etc);
- Creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics using Tridium N4 platform.
- Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations;
- Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed;
- Drives issues to resolution for Tridium N4 integration.
- Sets up and configures Tridium N4 Jaces, servers, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with Customer or contractor IT to coordinate startup services as needed.
- Coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs Tridium N4 reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others);
- Participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 15%
- 5+ years successful experience installing or maintaining building automation controls.
- Tridium N4 certification required.
- Tridium N4 Analytics certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, direct digital control, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration, jace, tridium, tridium, tridium, tridium
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.