Siemens Mobility provides integrated Mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics for efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
With digitalization we enable Mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent. Our business segment Intermodal Solutions (IMS) creates and develops innovative high-quality software for trip and train planning, mobile ticketing and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions. Our apps have been downloaded more than 200 million times overall.
We share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience with our combined power for the future of Mobility.
Siemens is setting up a new Software Development Center in Aveiro targeting Intelligent Solutions for the future of Mobility. We want YOU to join our team in the capacity of:
Junior to mid-level Java-Developer Backend (m/f/d)
• Support our agile teams in web-based application development projects throughout the entire development lifecycle: Requirements analysis, system design, development and integration into customer environment;
• Conception, design and development of high-performance, highly scalable data base driven backend systems for storage and processing of relevant customer and company data;
• Solution definition and design in close interaction with your team members and our customers to enhance our standard product offering;
• You will closely work with our dynamic and agile IMS teams from HaCon and eos.uptrade. Occasional business travel to Germany and/or other locations may be required.
• University degree in informatics, computer sciences or a similar degree and experience in web- or backend development;
• Team player with passion for quality and the ability to transform complex and manifold requirements into efficient, sustainable and modular software components;
• First exposure to Java development, web service technologies (e.g. SOAP, ReST, WebSockets) and parallelization;
• Passionate to work with modern frameworks and APIs such as Spring, Apache CXF, Apache Camel in addition to agile approaches; basic know-how of Netty and script languages (Phyton, Groovy) is desired;
• Understanding of bash, linux basics and good handling of development environments and tools (Eclipse and/or Intellij, Maven, Jenkins, Git) is desired.
• Fluent in written and spoken English is a must;
• German language is a plus.