Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
Take the role of Technical Director on shore in an International Main Line Project in Sydney, as a delegate.
Technical Director is key role in the Organization Chart of the Project, reporting directly to the Project Director and being responsible for the overall technical Solution and its delivery strategy, acting as main Interface with other stakeholders
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The Technical Director reports to the Project Director and will be responsible and accountable for the overall technical solution, specifically:
- Delivering compliant engineering Works within agreed timeframes, with the support of the relevant engineering leads.
- Leading and managing all engineering activities including collaborations with the Systems Integrator and other Contractors and Stakeholders.
- Ensuring the design is technically correct and compliant and meets the Contract scope, and stakeholder business requirements.
- Acting as the main conduit between the Siemens technical delivery team and the Customer and Other technical leaders of other contract suppliers to ensure and facilitate effective collaboration, and
- Managing and coordinating solution design Managing and coordinating solution design and engineering works from Siemens’ onshore and offshore units
- As part of the continuous improvement, identification of problems, their analysis and distribution of the lessons learnt to the members of the team, improving also the internal processes of the department.
- In charge of reporting of projects in terms of completion, status, risks, opportunities and budget to the Engineering Management and other departments of the company.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in international engineering projects.
- +10 years of experience in defining
- Experience working in international and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in Team Management and Customer Interface
- Experience in supervising Project delivery and controlling tasks according to schedule.
- Deep technical Background in ML Signalling systems: (ETCS L2)
- Experience in the whole signaling project lifecycle phases and related activities, from the requirement specification to the commissioning, including the warranty support after commissioning.
- Result oriented.
- Communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in planning tools
- Good level of English, spoken and written.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time