Assay Development Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
We are looking for a BSc with good analytical and communication skills. In this function you are responsible for developing immunological assays in close collaboration with the technical project leader. Your focus is assay development and integration of the assay in a cartridge and do everything necessary in getting approval from CE and FDA and bring the products to the market.
The responsibilities include:
• Perform experiments to develop immunoassays on the Immunoassay platforms using magnetic biosensor technology
• Integrate the immunoassay components into the Magnotech system, in close collaboration with the production, process development and system teams
• Interfaces with third parties in co-development projects on immunoassay and/or system
• Report technical progress in lab journals
• Report progress and deviations to technical project leader assay development
• Transfer results to the other sub-teams (process development, production, analyzer, software)
• Deliver documentation according to the production creation and quality process.
• You hold a BSc/HBO degree in Biochemistry, Biophysical/Technology Engineering
• Preferably 0-3 years experience in immunoassay product development, preferably experience in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry
• Self employed, hands-on, analytical, pragmatic, structured
• Have good communication and reporting skills in English
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Experience with working in a project structure, basic understanding of project management
• Ability to identify technical risks
• Able to work in multidisciplinary teams: colleagues have backgrounds in physics, electronics, chemistry, micro fluidics
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Nederland B.V.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time