- Seeking a passionate & experienced Commercial Professional - Sales
- Dynamic and Innovative company with global recognition in the rail industry
- Flexible working conditions encouraged
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Professional Sales to join our MRX Mobility team, based in our West Perth office.
Are you looking to be involved at the start of the contracting process? If the idea of negotiating contracts and generating pricing from simple to complex projects with market leading technology interests you, then we urge you to consider the following exciting career opportunity. For the right applicant, we will offer a rare chance to work within an innovative company where ownership and leadership are encouraged and rewarded.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role of a Commercial Professional Sales is an integral part of the Siemens Mobility Sales team in Perth and will assume responsibility for all commercial aspects of the project acquisition, bid preparation, and contract handover phases that relate to the portfolio of products within the Siemens Mobility Customer Service Business Unit.
With an overall objective of optimizing the financial outcome and commercial risk of projects, you will enjoy being part of a busy sales environment and be able to apply your experience in value selling our systems, solutions and services.
- Provide commercial, financial and contractual advice for offers and tenders, including price calculations, terms and conditions, cash flow, risk assessments, etc.
- Undertake contract negotiations with customers. Ensure that contract negotiations are successfully completed within agreed parameters for pricing and contractual risk profiles, and are in line with the company’s strategies and policies
- Contribute to budget planning and monitoring and provide data for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the unit
- Interfacing and close collaboration with stakeholders such as in-house legal counsel, tendering team, sales executives, procurement managers, and senior management, as well as the company wide sales commercial team.
- Coordination of Internal approval process for Local Country management, European Headquarters, etc.
Skills & Experience
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and details-oriented professionals with a desire to take ownership of their work and be able to work autonomously and collaboratively
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability in the following areas:
- a commercial/business administration, legal and contract negotiation environment.
- to present and communicate the Siemens commercial position to customers, via face to face meetings and indirectly via other communication methods.
- operate comfortably within complex corporate guidelines whilst remaining customer focused.
- confident in working on projects of varying amounts and across various contract structures (Supply only, Supply and Installation, Longer Term Period Contracts, Long-Term Service Agreements).
- Experience in the Rail sector will be highly regarded, though not essential.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications with resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time