Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of System Engineering Management MT, this role participates the complete project life cycle System engineering for MT projects. Starting with the system concept up to the final validation of the system requirements of the project, by developing a detailed system requirement specification and its assignment to the different subsystems and its interfaces.
Is it of upmost importance its contribution to the System and product strategy as System engineering is the technical authority of all the projects and has the perfect view if customer needs and requirements as well as market tendencies and lessons learned from existing projects.
Main Tasks & Responsabilities:
- Leading the signaling system related activities for Mass Transit projects in Spain. Main responsibilities are:
- Project requirements analysis activities at system level to provide the complete solution of the signaling system required by the project
- Definition of system-related functionalities to fulfil all project-specific needs ensuring a completeness of technical submission and ensuring consistency of the design with customer requirements
- Defining the system architecture according to the Siemens Mobility product and systems portfolio for MT.
- Defining the concept of operation of the System
- Coordination with the head of R&D designated for the project
- Definition and participation in the technical design of the interface between Siemens signaling system and the different subcontractors.
- Creation/Maintain of an URS (User Requirement Specification) to R&D capturing the gaps of the existing system to be applied against project requirements.
- Create and define the project plan capturing all the necessary activities to be carried out by the System Manager
- Support to bidding team. Work with the different stakeholders involved in the bid process to ensure completeness in the proposed technical solution
- Support to system integration team to ensure a correct and complete integration between the different components of the signaling system and between the signaling system and the external parties.
- Experience in a Rail Signaling business
- Deep knowledge in Signaling Systems for MT segment
- Desirable knowledge in the Siemens Mobility portfolio for MT segment.
- Experience in Requirements Management, specification, traceability and validation.
- Deep knowledge in CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
- Desirable experience in Product and System Development.
- Leadership, coaching and developing other abilities.
- Planning capabilities.
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Desiderable experience in System Integration
- +5 years experience as System manager or equivalent
- +5 years experience leading engineering or R&D teams
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in international projects and experience in dealing with HQ.
- English and Spanish fluent
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time