Change the future with us
We are looking for dedicated and talented individuals who are able to meet constantly evolving challenges and serve the customer’s needs or answer colleagues’ questions by applying intelligent concepts and demonstrating creativity. We promote change and work with people who have the curiosity needed to reinvent the future of work. Join us, and together, we will focus on what’s truly important – making life better worldwide thanks to new ideas and the latest technologies.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Working in the field of low and medium voltage energy distribution products, the incumbent will take part in all engineering activities regarding a switchboard standardization project within a multidisciplinary team that includes other corporate departments. The incumbent will play an active role in design, engineering and production-related problem-solving (quality, cost overruns, delays) while implementing corrective measures and identifying performance and warranty levels. Moreover, the incumbent will:
- Participate in the switchboard standardization design process;
- Review designs, engineering drawings and other engineering documentation;
- Check the tolerance chains required for assemblies;
- Launch the manufacturing process and monitor prototypes;
- Prepare and correct the engineering and bringing into production documents;
- Participate in the development of instruction manuals;
- Participate in the analysis of failure modes;
- Work closely with the manufacturing engineering department to validate the impact of changes on the different manufacturing processes.
1-YEAR TEMPORARY POSITION
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- OIQ membership or immediate eligibility;
- Product development engineering experience an asset, but new graduates will also be considered;
- Knowledge of CAD Creo technical drawing software (3D drawings);
- Knowledge of SAP an asset;
- Very strong fluency in French (spoken and written), basic knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Autonomy, organizational skills and resourcefulness;
- Able to work within multidisciplinary teams, available for office and floor work.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together is yours.
Making a difference together, we have raised $565,000 in charitable contributions while supporting over 50 non-profit organizations and planting 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2 billion in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. What are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.