Siemens Mobility is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Mobility Operating System Team in Austin, Texas. Ideal candidates will have spent at least 2 years in the Intelligent Transportation Systems or Smart Cities solutions and infrastructure market.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and diverse engineering team for dynamic, industry-leading traffic management projects. Assignments will include system implementation and integration, as well as providing ongoing technical support at customer sites and remotely after commissioning and acceptance. This role requires the ability to apply professional engineering best practices from the ITS industry, good communication skills, as well as a strong background in systems engineering.
- BS/BA in Transportation Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related STEM discipline
- 2 years of demonstrable experience successfully deploying ITS and traffic management solutions
- Experience in the domain of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management systems, adaptive traffic control systems, Connected Vehicle solutions, and/or Ethernet network configuration
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with software developers, engineers, system operators, and testers
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly
- Proven ability participating in customer-facing projects
- Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively completing assignments meeting customer requirements
- 2 years of experience successfully deploying ITS and traffic management solutions
- Experience with cloud-hosted solutions in AWS
- Eventual Professional Engineer (P.E.) qualification
- Install, integrate, and maintain customized and off-the-shelf ITS solutions for projects in line with customer, industry, and internal requirements
- Assist in delivering project specific technical system designs and engineering documents, scope definitions and documentation, as well as operational support
- Actively deploy ITS solutions including field controller and central software, adaptive control solutions, and Connected Vehicle (V2I) applications
- Assist with IP network design, installation, and maintenance for traffic control systems
- Complete all technical assignments from design to testing and handover of the overall project solution, in conformance with customer and internal requirements
- Complete system installation and configuration documentation and ensure proper handling of engineering documentation, i.e. drawings, version history, scope documents
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.