During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Mentor, a Siemens business, is seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting European Applications Engineer – PCB Solutions to join our forward thinking team in Solna.
Today’s designs are getting more ambitious than ever and requires more verification and analysis to work first time!
We are now strengthening our European PCB Team with an Application Engineer that can help our customers in this transition.
The role covers the entire PCB design and analysis flow and therefor a strong background in PCB design and electrical analysis is required.
You will be responsible for delivering pre-sales duties starting with uncovering customer needs. You'll be encouraged to deliver targeted product presentations, demos and workshops and finally customer deployment assistance.
We are looking for a results oriented and accountable person that strives on working in an international environment. You'll have to be self-propelled and enjoy pursuing and learning new tools and methodologies as demands are constantly evolving!
Located in Solna (Sweden), but you work with the account teams across Europe.Application Engineer role will include:
- Technical sales support role including product presentations and demonstrations, support evaluations, driven benchmarking, deliver workshops and occasionally trainings.
- Engage as trusted advisor with customers at engineer and lower level management to find ways to solve their PCB Design and Analysis challenges with Mentor tools
- Collaborate with Account Teams in the development of sales strategies and tactical plans to grow analysis business at their accounts.
- Connect with Mentor product division to influence product development in a favorable direction for our customers.
- Participate in sales activities and out-bound marketing such as trade shows, workshops, seminars, Web-casts
- You will have a strong interest in or background as an electronics engineer working with both PCB design and analysis.
- This will give a strong understanding of the overall PCB development process, and more specifically a very good design and analysis competence, including Data Management and DFM
- Good understanding of performance PCB analysis challenges and solutions ranging from the traditional signal and power integrity analysis.
- Background in either in the Telecom and/or Mil/Aero industry would be a welcome expertise.
- Advantage to come with Xpedition and HyperLynx knowledge.
- It’s important to seek new challenges and responsibilities in order to grow the competence into new areas as market constantly evolves.
- Candidate is willing to really commit to make customers successful and win business for Mentor.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation as well as communication skills in English are required.
- There’s an advantage to have experience from comparable jobs, but not a requirement
The position is opened in Solna (Sweden) and candidate will report into the European PCB and System Solutions Technical Team.
The role is pan-European and includes travelling from time to time, both European and International.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a driven basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Scandinavia) AB
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time