Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
As Executive Business Assistant, you will provide the highest level of professional services and operational support to our CFO Canada. You're a masterful problem-solver, highly organized, have exceptional communication skills and have an excellent ability to build and manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. As an experienced professional with advanced thinking, digital and innovative mind-set, who thrives effectively in a continually changing environment and is looking to be a right arm to the CFO and direct reports, we want to hear from you!
- Manage complex calendar that is constantly changing and provide comprehensive meetings/appointment management.
- Provide administrative support to a variety of tasks both off-site and in the office with respect to travel arrangements, events, meetings and conferences; reconcile travel and expense reports; accurately process invoices.
- Manage all incoming and external phone and email requests while ensuring that the organization’s priorities are always being maintained; monitor flow of information on behalf of CFO.
- Independently prepare correspondence in an accurate and professional manner.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of supporting information in advance of upcoming meetings.
- Maintain highest confidentiality of all sensitive or proprietary information.
- Research, select and integrate new office technologies and systems as appropriate.
- Display original and critical thinking in applying principles, theories and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- Execute the activities of this job in line with practices and procedures covered by precedents or well-defined policies and supervisory review.
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the Executive Offices by maintaining supplies and ensuring functionality of technology and equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating complex internal / external events on behalf of the Executive Office.
- Prepare and collate monthly financial presentations for Business Reviews for CFO.
- Coordinate external customer and speaking engagements on behalf of CFO.
- Pre-empt potential problems and provide effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge or processes.
- Ensure that CFO’s time is maximized by providing research, briefings, pre-meeting bookings, agendas and required follow-up.
- Successfully serve as a point of authority and/or source of knowledge for Executive’s direct reports.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues faced and contribute to problem resolution of those items and Business Process Improvement (BPI).
What will you need to succeed?
- 6 -12 years of successful experience in an Executive Assistant function in a corporate setting, preferably in a multinational company.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills and have experience dealing with high level Executives.
- Degree or diploma is ideal.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge / savvy with social media and collaboration tools.
- A “chief of staff” mindset and a service-oriented demeanour is essential.
- Thinking within clear but substantially diversified procedures and precedents covering many situations. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Efficient self-starter with a demonstrated proactive approach in dealing with differing situations requiring search for solutions, with an ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making, and critical thinking skills. Highly organized and attentive to details.
- Digital mind-set; innovative thinker.
- Ability to maintain and work with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task complex deadlines under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Asset: Finance background/experience.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.