Siemens Industry is looking for a Third Shift Production Supervisor for our Roebuck, SC factory. Our growing facility has over 450 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly assembly workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. The base shift is Monday to Thursday 10:45 pm – 6:30 am, and Friday 10:45 pm – 7:45 am with ~1hour daily OT. This position will have 15-20 direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Roebuck factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in the plant and especially the assembly area
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
- Adhere to production schedule by establishing priorities, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring progress, making personnel/priority adjustments, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting results through shift production summaries
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and schedule adherence
- Liason between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identify and support continuous improvement projects
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools
What you need:
1. 2+ years of successful experience in an Assembly/Manufacturing Supervisor role.
2. Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred) and Lean Manufacturing techniques are required for this role.
3. Completion of relevant projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability and cost in a manufacturing environment.
4. Able to interpret or learn to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
5. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, talent development and performance management.
6. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
What sets you apart from the pack:
1. Experience with computer programming and/or database management.
2. Experience with SAP or similar MRP system.
3. Your ownership and drive to succeed
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.