Data Center Service Manager (On-Prem)
The Data Center Service Manager is responsible for one or more of internal data center services in Siemens Healthineers IT organization.
The Service Manager role has overall responsibility for defining the service, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with agreed business requirements, and managing the service lifecycle and other internal and external IT & business stakeholders.
The Data Center Service Manager is the champion, across SHS IT for the delivery of data center services, playing a key role in driving their development and delivery, financial and operational considerations, to maximize the impact and value for money for SHS IT and internal customers. The post-holder is responsible and accountable for ensuring that data center services portfolio meets customer and business requirements.
The Data Center Service Manager has the following responsibilities:
• Work with internal & external stakeholders in IT, vendors & business to collaboratively develop and drive the strategy & roadmap for the services in scope. Understands service requirements, components and setup to drive continuous service improvements.
• Take ownership of the data center services service level agreements between stakeholders and the customer which details the parameters of the data center services to be provided. Involved in and manages incident, problem, and change management for service on day-to-day basis as per defined SLAs. Ensures root cause analysis and permanent fix for problems.
• Take ownership and deliver operational level agreements (OLA) with departments
internal to the service provider detailing the provision of certain elements of a service.
• Drive service team to establish and agree development priorities and development work.
• Should take care of the Firewall Requests (related to DMZ servers)
• Communicate, influence and work with stakeholders and executives both inside and
outside of SHS IT to ensure the broadest understanding and contribution to the cloud
• Act as go-to point for data center services and advise various internal, partner and customer
teams on data center services. Coordinates communication among internal and external
• Contribute to regional and global projects, influencing, building and maintaining
relationships, collaborations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for day-to-day management of tasks and processes related to service & its
• Ensures and participates ITIL process execution including Asset, incident, change,
problem, configuration, release and knowledge management
• Provides operational leadership and expert knowledge to internal customers to assist
their IT related challenges. Serves as the point of escalation (notification) for major
• Maintains updated service documentation as per ITSM framework of SHS IT
• Provide senior management and service stakeholders required, weekly, monthly and
quarterly reports related to service performance, SLAs etc.
• Travel as needed to engage with internal and external stakeholders to oversee day-to-
day operations as well as to ensure service delivery in alignment with SHS IT strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring service governance related to security, costs, data protection,
legal, export control & customs, legal etc. requirements.
• Participates in internal service review meetings (within IT & with business) & supplier
The Data Center Service Manager has below qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field with 11 - 15 years of
total work experience
• Strong knowledge of all ITIL processes and demonstrable mandatory experience of 7+
years in IT service delivery in a global organization across continents
• Passionate about technology with demonstrable experience of delivering services that
meet the business need and are delivered in accordance with agreed business
requirements, and managing the service lifecycle
• Demonstrable understanding of the unique requirements for enterprise and commercial
customer use of the data centers.
• Understanding of compute, storage, network, security and datacenter technologies and
emerging trends in the modern data centers.
• Familiarity with Healthcare standards FDA, HIPPAA, Part 11 etc. and data protection
laws like GDPR etc.
• Preferred knowledge of financial processes including forecasting, budgeting &
• Self-directed, proactive, work on own initiative with a best practice approach. Pragmatic
problem solver. Able to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk and
opportunity. Strong team player prepared to work flexibly across a matrix organization.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a strong professional ethic when
dealing with customers.
• Able to negotiate and resolve conflicting priorities and to influence senior executives
• Able to assimilate information from multiple sources and to disseminate effectively to
customers and colleagues.