Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity within our Rolling Stock business for Overhaul Technicians (T2) at our state-of-the-art Bogie Service Centre in Lincoln. You will be part of the team responsible for the planning and carrying out of scheduled overhauls and maintenance of Bogies and Wheel sets on a range of fleets in the Siemens portfolio.
Siemens will provide extensive on the job training to make sure that you have all the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out the role. As a result, rail experience is not essential to be considered for this role.
As an Overhaul Technician you will be working from Monday-Friday on an early and late shift patterns. There is a possibility for overtime, including weekends if the business requires it.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake overhaul and repair of the allocated wheelsets / bogies/components adhering to the requisite processes and procedures. Track repairs and warranty administration process for all components through to a successful conclusion
- Assist other team members with the bogie / wheelset overhaul in order to develop technical skills
- Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores
- Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern regarding safety.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos.
- Complete all records and reports accurately and to procedure using appropriate technology and systems
What Qualification and Experience do I need?
- NVQ level 3 (minimum) or above Qualification in Engineering or similar.
- Experience of mechanical engineering would be a preference, but we will consider those from an electrical engineering or process environment
- Experience of basic fault finding
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to work in a team
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates must be based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time