Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Field Service Technician is a field-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostic equipment at our customer sites, primarily in the clinical laboratory. We take a holistic approach in solving our customers' toughest problems. Our FSTs represent the "Face of Siemens Healthineers" to the customer.
The Field Service Technician reports to the Regional Service Manager at Siemens Healthineers.
Region: Greater Baltimore, MD area - General vicinity of Columbia, Towson, or Glenn Burnie preferred but flexible.
Shift: M-F 10A to 7P
• Perform service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics instrumentation at customer sites with minimal supervision.
• Provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs.
• Provide service that supports high levels of customer satisfaction; support/develop Service Business.
• Conduct administrative and support tasks as required by Siemens and Service Management.
• Manage financial performance within their territory, meeting or exceeding budget for revenue generation, expense control and inventory management.
• Manage company assets to include a company car, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
• Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers.
• Serves as a technical resource for CSE´s within the service region / area.
• Keeps appropriate personnel well informed of technical information during and escalation
• Assists other CSE´s in learning about new product offerings.
• Perform necessary administrative duties accurately.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a medical technologist and/or field service engineer
• Experience in testing electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment.
• Strong computer background knowledge and knowledge on basic networking theory.
• Proficient use of tools and service test equipment
• Self-starter with strong customer service skills, excellent communication skills, and positive professional manner
• Demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources;
• Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting
• Ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision
• Ability to utilize computer-based tools for reports and email for general communication
• Hold a current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required
• Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography.
• Periodic travel to other regions for support or for training.
• This will be an alternate shift position with a work schedule for the following (alternate shifts qualify for pay differential in addition to the base salary): Mon - Fri: 10-7.
• Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate.
• Participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification is completed (job requirement).
• Willing to work overtime as required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in military experience preferred
• Over 8 years of experience as a medical technologist and/or field service engineer (biomedical engineer) and/or servicing diagnostic instruments preferred
• Background or coursework in Electronics, chemistry, biology or natural sciences is very helpful.
• Knowledge on Clinical Workflow know-how (as needed)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.