Siemens Mobility, Inc. Rolling Stock is seeking a professional Commercial Project Manager with a proven track record of being a key commercial support to the project management team complex projects. The Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Director Commercial Project Manager for the execution of Light Rail projects circa $150M+ in value and duration's from 3-5 years. The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for commercial project execution during phases including planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include liaising with operational departments to ensure financial targets are achieved, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, schedule and quality. Another key role is maintaining tight cost controlling tools in order to provide the Project Management team accurate and timely information to make key decisions regarding the project financials. The Commercial Project Manager is the supporting function to the Director Commercial Project Manager for all financial aspects of the project.
* Full financial responsibility for assigned projects; optimizes project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments.
* Ensures compliance with the contract documents; identifies and pursues claims in cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and support the Project Management team to devise contingency plans from a cost perspective.
* Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and deliverable's that support business goals in collaboration with the Project Management team.
* Support Director Commercial Project Manager with development and delivery of monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and preparation of presentations to management and internal / external customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Required education: College diploma or equivalent experience required.
* Required experience: 5+ years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects.
* Required travel: 10%
* Other: Excellent commercial, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Preferred education: Bachelor degree in accounting/finance.
* Preferred Certification: Project Management Certification
* Preferred past experience: 1 to 2 years of experience related to the rolling stock industry is preferred.
* Other preferences: Experience in controlling and accounting, contracts and claims experience with rail vehicle commercial project management preferred.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.