Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking Control Room Operators (CRO) in support of the team located at the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport in Covington, Kentucky. This position requires experience and knowledge in the responsibilities as outlined.
Positioned in the Baggage Handling Systems (BHS) central control room, the control room operator will be responsible for alerting Siemens maintenance personnel through radio communication of faults or failures and dispatch them to the appropriate location, maintain BHS Call Logs in an accurate and timely manner, Monitor and adjust line balancing, Monitor laser array statistics, prepare reports based off a wide variety of BHS system statistics, make operational decisions by initiating and coordinating backup/fallback procedures necessary to allow continued operations, function as a central communication point for all BHS related activities and effectively communicate with all user airlines and airport personnel.
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to:
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
Required Skills / Education:
- Technically competent and comfortable with computers and able to work calmly during stressful times while maintaining a pleasant and efficient demeanor.
- Understanding of baggage or material handling systems
- Networking / Hardware / Software skills preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to identify fault/error messaging
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with maintenance and operational support personnel
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional presence
- Driver license with clean MVR is preferred.
- Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
- Experience: Five + years of experience
- Typically, an Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS or equivalent required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.