During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We are currently looking to expand our European team by recruiting for a hardworking Application Engineer to join the team in Newbury.
As a European Application Engineer for digital functional verification you'll play significant role to the success of Mentor Graphics.
You will be encouraged to apply your expertise in functional verification to help our customers improve their verification capabilities, identifying and providing solutions to overcome their verification challenges and delivering experienced assistance in the deployment of Mentor tools, technology and services!The successful candidate will:
- Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise. This requires working directly with customers as a part of the sales team.
- Providing technical leadership on all aspects of the sales campaign. Contribute toward and execute on pre/post sales account strategy as member of a sales team.
- Qualify technical opportunities and communicate it to the sales team.
- Align with account managers as they proactively handle customer accounts to achieve business success. Provide technical sales support including product demonstrations, evaluations and driven benchmarking.
- Provide customer verification methodology guidance, verification tools training, and verification problem resolution.
- Work with customers to tackle complex technical challenges in multiple disciplines of functional verification which may include assertion based verification, coverage driven verification, formal verification, low power verification, and verification management.
- Balance multiple customer issues concurrently, working with design & verification engineers, as well as first or second level managers.
- Provide technical feedback to Mentor product development teams relating to critical issues and recommended product improvements.
- Encouraged to take advantage of opportunities provided to improve technical and job related skills; such as developing additional product breadth and business skills!
We are looking for candidates that possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Education: MSEE or BSEE (or equivalent) with experience in the area of functional verification.
- Validated experience of related industry
- Experience should ideally include o ASIC/FPGA design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, behavioural & RTL coding and debug.
- Verification planning and management experience with block level and top level designs.
- Knowledge of at least one of the major verification methodologies (UVM, OSVVM/UVVM or eRM).
- Understanding of verification languages (SystemVerilog, SystemC, e), ideally expert in at least one of them.
- Experienced level usage of at least one major simulation platform (Questa, Xcelium, VCS, Specman).
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows environments including scripting languages.
- General knowledge of subject areas including verification methodology, assertion, formaland low-power verification techniques, verification management, with proven expertise in at least two of these areas.
- Experience with Mentor functional verification products desired.
- Experience with FPGA design & verification flows desired.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and communication skills are required.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment including multiplex many tasks, establish and meet priorities, while maintaining a helpful/caring demeanor towards fellow workers, and customers.
- A desire to help customers exploit new technologies is important for success in the position.
- Proficient English language required.
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally).
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We offer a competitive basic salary and benefits package.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time