From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
For our Auckland offices we are now looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to manage the City Rail Link (CRL) Rail Project in Auckland. This project will be delivered in accordance with defined Project Management (PM) standards and customer requirements, with the Project Manager taking responsibility for Technical and Commercial outcomes. Reporting to the Head of Project Management, this position will be fully responsible to ensure all the requirements are captured and distributed to the project team and engineering resources.
· Manage assigned projects to budget, quality and schedule
· Ensure efficient risk and contracts/ claim management throughout the project to minimize/ mitigate the risk exposure of the project
· Leads the development and negotiation of project variations orders
· Perform Project Management improvement projects as assigned (Project Risk Management System in accordance to PM@Siemens, RIC/ Engineering Design Processes/ Resource Planning)
· Ensure regular communication and project status reporting to the local and overseas management
· Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS).
· Acts as the Project Management interface to Bid & Tendering, Products, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
Communication and Stakeholders
· Maintain constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
· Manage project interfaces externally and internally
· Coordinate and Interacts with all external and internal stakeholders (e.g. customer, suppliers, local/overseas project management, engineering and general management)
· Prepare, presents and maintains project reporting to external and internal stakeholders
· Degree/Equivalent in IT, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
· At least 8+ years professional project management experience and has formal Project Management education
· Experience in dealing with logistics coordination of the long lead time times and their integration into the project landscape.
· Experience in Contract Management.
· Experience in railway signalling preferred.
· Experience in medium to large project environments covering requirements analysis and clarification, design, implementation, test, and commissioning within the rail industry.
· A predisposition for leadership role is required, previous experience is required.
· Experience working in a multicultural team environment preferable.
· Ability to observe the customer's environment and propose suitable enhancements and to the systems.
· Ability to develop a Customer Value Proposition that provides a positive experience for customers.
· Ability to communicate and engage internal Siemens resources to deliver a superior customer experience.
· Understanding Project based/Customer Facing context.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty. Ltd. Branch (NZ)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time