BMS Estimation Engineer - UAE
Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio; hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Materials Solutions Business as a Development Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Exciting and Future-Oriented!
In this multifaceted role, you will supervise, plan and prioritize the activities of a team of engineers in an area of specialization. You will be responsible for the timely delivery of accurate configuration and connection details within the project budgets and targeted financial/quality results.
- You will be responsible for inspiring your team to create Siemens products for our Customers working in partnership with the business support team.
- Adhere to established guidelines and processes to meet technical standards and ensure maintainability.
- Take Lead Role in Design & Estimation of all Bids (BMS, Fire Systems) that gets approved in the Bid/No Bid Process.
- Provide Technical Inputs and Suggestions to Estimation & Technical Team to reduce the cost.
- Involve in Strategic Sourcing Exercise with Suppliers in close liaison with Supply Chain and responsible for making quick decisions and intelligent risks for all bids.
- Work closely with the Sales/Estimation Team members to gather the required information on -time and manage the proposal output.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Work Closely with Sales Team, Estimation Team, CoC Team and Technical Approval teams to obtain Technical Approvals in a timely manner prior to the review calls for bidding
- Work closely with the Project Operations Team and obtain inputs for pricing variation opportunities on existing projects.
- Prepare Scope of Works Matrix for all Bids and ensure this is part of the Bid Basis Document.
- Reviewing scope for all opportunities and proposals and deliver on technical compliance statements.
- Must have the ability to multitask and produce desired results in a deadline driven environment Proposals include technical scope, commercial estimates, deliverables, schedules and terms and conditions and other variables to meet customer requests and expectations. All proposal work must be completed according to Siemens professional standards.
- Document assumptions, exclusions and specification deviations for inclusion within the proposal.
- Provide input and assist with the evaluation and selection of contractors and vendors
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Minimum Work experience of 6-8 years
- Worked in the region for at least 2-5 years
- Spoken/Written English proficiency
- MS Office skills
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industrial LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time