Manufacturing Development Engineer responsible for the qualification of internal & external suppliers for the Investment casting of blades, vanes and ring segments. (CC, DS & SX process)
This job is within Blade& Vane (BV) operations and located in Orlando in the TS organization (Technical Services) reporting into the Technical and Quality Manager.
Primary activities for this role-
-Lead and co-ordinate the activity at the internal & external Suppliers to meet agreed to milestones for casting development and qualification.
-Key liaison between purchasing and Engineering to ensure supplier meets expected Quality standards, cost targets and achieves the required delivery dates for qualification lots.
- Lead supplier development and qualification activities for Blade, Vane and ring segment castings.
- Identify and drive technical solutions to manufacturing issues identified during the development and production process.
- Utilize the online PPQ system and work with Materials and Design Engineering to achieve Conditional and Unconditional approval of the supplier process.
- Develop robust manufacturing process to deliver a QN free process
- Complete Process Capability studies to demonstrate process stability.
- Identify and implement cost saving measures in the supply chain.
- Support NCC reduction initiatives within the supply chain.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, or relevant experience (8+ years)
- 5-8 years of experience in a manufacturing engineer role
- Experience in Turbine Blade, Vane and Ring segment Investment casting (CC, DS & SX process)
- Process, Dimensional and Metallurgical knowledge of investment casting processes is required.
- Experience in Project Management methods and practices is required
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications is required
- Experience with Quality practices and procedures such as manufacturing routings, documentation and destructive and non- destructive testing is required.
- Will require 30-40% Travel
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters Degree
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.