Siemens Industry is looking for an Project Engineer for their Spartanburg, SC location. This person will review and process incoming orders, track project timeline status, and answer inquiries concerning orders. in addition, this person will support sales and the customer via telephone, e-mail, etc. The candidate will report to the Busway Order Management Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
- Process incoming orders to verify all information required to process the order is available.
- Respond to all inquiries internal and external concerning the Busway order.
- Provide routine technical support to External Customers and Sales Team.
- Assists in the coordination of activities with other internal departments to meet customer needs.
- Identifies and resolves semi-complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Professional communication to customers and sales force to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops technical suggestions to deliver solutions to Customers and Sales Team.
- Must have the ability to adapt for each customer.
- Use best practices, lessons learned and good judgment to identify potential issues with Customer incidents as they arise and report them.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
1. BS Engineering or Business degree.
2. 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Ability to read Engineering drawings.
4. AutoCAD, Creo, RevIt or equivalent software knowledge.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Must be independent and capable of effective time management and ability to adapt to each customer.
7. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Technical knowledge of electrical products.
2. SAP experience.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.