System Development Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers Point of Care Diagnostics as System Development Engineer. Our Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development team located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven is expanding their business and looking for new talents to join.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in his/her career.
We offer a system development position in a multidisciplinary environment dedicated to the development of point-of-care medical diagnostics systems consisting of analyzer hardware, microfluidic disposables, software and integrated bio-chemical assay applications. Your focus will be on integration and complex problem solving tasks. You help to co-define and co-design the total system, especially for critical building blocks and interfaces. In particular, the system will be integrated within the Siemens Healthineers Point-of-Care product portfolio which includes aligning the system with existing connectivity solutions.
Required skills for the success of this role:
• You hold a degree or have a BSc or MSc in Physics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• You have at least 5+ (and preferably 10+) years of experience as a development engineer in the diagnostics or medical device industry
Main activities and responsibilities:
• Development of system-level solutions, i.e. translating customer needs into product requirements and design solutions
• Generate design proposals for critical building blocks and propose solutions for critical issues in the overall product design
• Support in setting up test solutions for product verification and validation
• Drive configuration management and maintenance of development products within the R&D organization
• Work with the other development engineers in the further design and implementation of the subsystem parts or in solving of critical issues
• Be the subject-matter expert on the system to third parties such as the internal service organization for technical guidance and knowledge transfer
• Contribute to long-term development roadmaps based on system knowledge and a sound understanding of technology and market trends.
• Provide 3rd line support for technical issues from the field.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.