As a Senior Accountant you will be working within the Financial Statements team to support management with the implementation of accounting standards, accounting competency, trainings as well as external financial statement preparation, and consolidation of operating companies within the US. You will assist business partners and the Controlling, Reporting & Financial Statements team evaluate and implement accounting standards and help prepare audited IFRS consolidated financial statements for Siemens Energy Inc. and select subsidiaries in support of US statutory and commercial requirements. Likewise, this role will provide corporate level accounting policy governance that supports consistent accounting practices among Siemens US Operating Companies as well as oversight and monitoring of the closing, consolidation and financial reporting processes. You will proactively engage internal customers at various levels of the organization, facilitate healthy channels for communications, and successfully support the management of, and provide overall direction to, the organization regarding implementation of accounting standards, updates to accounting policy and working within the framework to fulfill both internal and external financial reporting requirements while also liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the identification and documentation of technical accounting matters, including accounting standard implementation, as they relate to the financial statements and provide assistance, support and guidance to other departments and business units as needed
- Responsible for coordinating and executing trainings for Siemens US operating companies on changes to the Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines as well as the interpretation of new accounting guidelines or circulars as it impacts the US operating entities and translation into local policies as needed
- Maintain relationships with headquarters and similar functions globally to share information, best practices and align on accounting standard implementations to ensure consistent practices
- Assist in the preparation of annual Consolidated Financial Statements for multiple operating companies including creating audit lead schedules, drafting footnote disclosures, reviewing supporting documentation, communicating issues to independent auditors, and assisting with related documentation and disclosure processes
- Assist in the closing, consolidation and reporting processes to ensure a high level of data quality and accurate financial data
- Work closely with various internal departments to ensure an efficient closing and reporting process
- Provide technical assistance, support and guidance to the Business Units and internal customers on various topics such as reporting requirements, data validations, closing processes, financial reports and exceptional transactions.
- Audit interface support for both internal and external audit engagements
- Identify, develop and drive process efficiencies that improve accuracy, quality and timeliness of financial data and other department deliverables
- Champion and foster an environment of continuous improvement with primary emphasis on process re-engineering and automation of existing procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance driven field
- CPA or other Equivalent Professional Certification
- 3-5 years of successful experience in technical accounting for a level 8 role, or 5-8 years of successful experience in technical accounting for a level 7 role
- Background in audit function as either an external auditor or Company finance department member
- Successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Strong understanding and use of IFRS / US GAAP including experience in complex accounting issues and application of accounting principles
- Proficiency in researching technical accounting topics and coordinating resolution within Company and with independent auditors
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with financial reporting software
- Strong and demonstrated analytical skills and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, writing, reporting skills to effectively communicate technical financial information to both technical and non-technical partners
- Flexibility to multi-task and adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities - ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.