It's time for a profound #mobility revolution in our cities. It's time for more efficient mobility, sustainable infrastructure, and livable urban environments. Yunex Traffic is the innovator that makes it happen through disruptive ideas and digital technologies. As a global leader in intelligent traffic solutions, we develop novel mobility options for cities, highway authorities, and mobility providers. Our solutions transform our cities into places where people can live, work and move more freely with better quality of life, fewer accidents, and cleaner air and solve our climate crisis. #digitalization. With 3100 employees from 58 nations in 24 countries worldwide, we help more than 110 cities make mobility permanently environmentally friendly and more efficient with state-of-the-art digital technology such as artificial intelligence. In doing so, we act as a customer-focused powerhouse that cultivates entrepreneurial and global thinking at all levels. #TeamYunexTraffic
We seek to hire a Traffic Signal Field Technician to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least three to five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The traffic signal technician is responsible for the installation and upgrade of traffic signals and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) equipment. The work can include related maintenance repair, and ongoing operation works. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signal and ITS equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to Siemens’ agency customers.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent, verifiable experience as a traffic signal maintenance technician.
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal II Certification or higher
- FDOT approved Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) certification.
- Journeyman Electrician License beneficial (Miami Dade County or Reciprocating County)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, traffic signal plans/specifications and procedure manuals.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with installation, repair, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
- May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Able to read and interpret plans
- Knowledge of Miami Dade County Traffic Signal and Specs Standards
- Basic knowledge of NEC standards
- Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots a wide variety of traffic signal equipment components and devices, such as traffic signal controllers, MMU’s, conflict monitors, vehicle detectors (e.g. inductive loops, video, magnetometer, microwave detectors), detector cards and racks, pedestrian crossing indicators, etc.
- Performs repair, removal, and replacement of traffic signal controllers and other equipment.
- Set’s up traffic control in high and low speed environments.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs cabinet wiring and intersection wiring.
- Completes reports and performs communications in accordance with company policy and local practices.
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Troubleshoots and Isolates of faults in units or components·
- Field test of units or components; tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
- Provides periodic on-call services
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Traffic Signal Technician, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.