We are looking for our next Advanced Application Support Engineer! You will work within the Cloud Technical Support team to assist Siemens Digital Industry Software customers using our cloud product solutions: MindSphere IoT and Mendix application development.
- Take ownership of submitted product issues and will work with active MindSphere and Mendix customers to resolve their data collection, data analytics, and application deployment/development issues.
- Investigate reported problems, replicate customer issues, and determine how to troubleshoot issues to best identify the root cause on our platform infrastructure or within our software.
- Clearly communicate software problems or enhancements to Product Management, R&D, Customer Success, or Sales and manage cross functional coordination with those teams. You will advocate for quick resolution and root cause analysis to improve the customer experience.
- Proactively reach out to customers to inform them of trends and best practices to help them avoid issues that have already been resolved – primarily through documenting FAQs and related materials.
- Work with minimal supervision on complex issues with ability to make independent judgment and discretion. You will coordinate within a large organization, navigating product and project leads to determine how we should communicate customer issues.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize daily tasks based on issue severity and lever of customer impact.
- Collaborate with the Product teams to get enabled on new features before they are deployed to our existing customers with a focus on how we will support that new functionality.
Your background & experience:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience with 5-7 years of experience in customer facing technical support or technical consultancy role.
- You are comfortable with the cloud industry, including IoT data collection, data storage, analytics, and application development, with AWS or Azure cloud platforms.
- You are a strong customer focused professional with a passion to engage customers in solving their issues and helping them succeed within the MindSphere and Mendix platforms.
- You are very comfortable when it deals with troubleshooting customer and technical issues (not only following pre-defined checklists but also helping drive the process for technical issues never encountered!)
- You succeed in creative problem solving, finding viable alternative solutions to keep the customer’s projects on track and documenting those solutions for all other customers ‘benefit.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time