Siemens Large Drives Applications (A Siemens Portfolio Company) engineers and produces heavy-duty electrical drive systems for medium and high voltage ranges: electrical motors, converters and generators. Additionally, we offer special large drives for ships, mines and rolling mills. Our digitalization expertise and outstanding service keeps the performance and availability of the drives always at the maximum.
For our offices in Milan we’re looking for a Junior Service Engineer (Apprenticeship) to join our team. You will be trained for 2 years on all the technical aspects and challenges of our products both from our Italian team as well as through dedicated trainings in our Head Quarters based in Germany and through frequent international travels on the client side.
- You will gain specific technical expertise for the overall LDA portfolio
- You will become an internal and external technical contact point for existing customers
- You will be participating in on-going project supporting project managers as technical project engineer
- Performing on site (Italy and abroad) service intervention related to support requests from customers will be one in our are of responsibility.
- You will contribute, through your support, to achieve overall LDA Italy target, together with the other functions of the organization
- You will support the Quotation and Sales team during offering phase a well.
Short Term development plan:
- You will become familiar with Siemens Medium Voltage (Drive) drives and related control systems. The start-up and commissioning phase of a medium voltage drive (Drive) independently is a goal to be achieved in the short time (within a year)
- You, as part of a Global program of technical skills development, will follow specific training relating to Siemens LDA medium voltage applications (Motors / Drives / Generators)
- It is planned a period of coaching with expert technicians from Headquarters and other regions
- You will also be included in a certification program to perform complex interventions into the LDA international technical team
- You will have the opportunity to have diversified management experiences in a dynamic and autonomous team (LDA Italy)
Mid-Term development plan:
- Within the LDA organization, technical competence is a key element to grow into a sales or proposal role in the future
- Working in different functions and within global LDA organization could be as well part of your development plan.
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Knowledge of Motors/Inverters/Generators would be a plus
Real passion for solving technical complex issues and supporting customers
Ability to teamwork as well as work autonomously
Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and willing to drive change and foster an
environment to help achieve business results
Good Communication and Networking skills
Proficient in English and in Italian
Full Driving Licence
About Siemens: Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, crafting a work environment of diversity and inclusion, which helps us fully realize the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices (Smartworking) that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. Siemens takes also care of its employees needs with Flexible Welfare Programs that can be extended to your family (Health Insurance, Shareholding Plans, Professional and Extraprofessional accident insurance).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time