Are you an accounting specialist with a passion for creating operational improvements? Do you have a consistent record of applying sophisticated data analytics software to replace manual work with automated workflows?
Join our Transactional Accounting team at Siemens Financial Services in the Americas and together we will make big strides in digitizing the accounting landscape!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Support implementation of new subledger to support new line of business and the upcoming migration to a new general ledger
- Perform month end close activities and reconciliations
- Collaborate routinely and proactively with Company Accounting and Portfolio Accounting to ensure smooth closing processes for multiple legal entities
- Increase process efficiency by applying advanced data analytics and visualization tools in close cooperation with IT and data analytics specialists
- Proactively share data analytic knowledge with the entire accounting team
- Assure immaculate books and records within area of responsibility
- B. S. Accounting, 5+ years of proven experience in either financial services or within a different Siemens business. Ideally part of this time spent in accounting and controlling/financial analysis.
- Specialist in applying advanced data analytics software (e.g. Alteryx, KNIME, Qlik Sense, Tableau or similar)
- Experience in driving digitization concepts (RPA, data lake applications, etc.) to implementation.
- Ability to understand broad based accounting, controlling and financial concepts. Solid understanding of financial reporting (IFRS or US GAAP) or Siemens Financial reporting guidelines.
- Experience in or knowledge of general ledger and sub-ledger systems with a strong preference towards SAP. Management reporting system experience or knowledge (Hyperion Financial Management or others).
- Having a big picture approach to understand and explain major developments to quickly cover ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the team and cross-functionally.
- Willing to lead and put forth new insights that think critically of the processes to help further advance the team.
- Experience with financing instruments like loans, bonds and leases.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.