Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
What you will
do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building fire alarm systems in new and existing facilities. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability.
· Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution.
· Prepare submittals and schedules; handle the ordering of products and equipment.
· Participate in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Design fire alarm systems for buildings, including floorplan drawings with system device locations, riser diagrams, device wiring details, panel mounting and wiring details, bills of materials, and sequences of operations to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Provide general electrical calculations, including battery calculations, voltage drop calculations, conduit fills, power supply sizing, etc.
- Prepare engineering re-estimates and follow up with appropriate sales and management to ensure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Follow up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications, and schematics will meet customer needs.
- Provide start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in commissioning and validation.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred. Candidates with at least 3 years of fire system design experience will also be considered.
- · Knowledge of engineering fundamentals of fire systems or equivalent field experience with fire system controls
- · EIT, ASHRAE, NICET, or CISSP certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of the following fire alarm system components: fire alarm panels, strobe booster panels, spot detectors (smoke, heat, carbon monoxide), duct-mounted smoke detectors, projected beam smoke detectors, aspirating smoke detectors (VESDA), monitor modules, relay modules (form A and form C), manual pull stations, notification devices (speaker/strobes, horn/strobes, strobes, bells), Class A/Class B/Class X circuits, state and local fire codes, and NFPA 72 national fire code
- Must obtain NICET Level I Certification within 2 years
- Ability to read and interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.